Monday, January 17, 2011

Bankruptcy Advice ~ OR NOT!

At the risk of slitting my virtual throat, I proceed with the following rant because it's the right thing to do. I am sickened by the quality of bankruptcy advice that is available...or unavailable...on the internet.

This is a post of passion. I spent the better part of today reading blog posts and other articles about bankruptcy on the internet. And what I found was so much misinformation about bankruptcy that I find myself needing to caution my readers about believing everything that they read on the web.

I am embarrassed to say that it actually took me running across one great blog post with very accurate bankruptcy information to inspire this diatribe. The post was such an anomaly to my day that it made me think HEY WAIT! I need to warn my readers to not believe everything they read. There were some truths in many articles that I read today but those same articles also contained many untruths.

I post only accurate bankruptcy information (if I don't know it, I don't post it) on my blog but I will never blame you for verifying anything I have to say! In fact, I encourage you to. I am not an attorney. I am a discharged bankruptcy filer who did a lot of homework during my bankruptcy.

So please talk to a bankruptcy attorney or do enough homework to know what you're doing if you file pro se.

I want nothing but a fresh start for you!

Back soon,
ep

No comments:

Post a Comment